Kira House is a safe accommodation for young women, and young mums 14-18 years who are impacted by family and domestic violence. Kira House also supports young women and who are living in unsafe living arrangements or who need some support with parenting.
• If you are in an unsafe living situation or experiencing abuse, Kira House may be an option for you. Kira House accepts referrals 24hours a day, 7 days a week for young people in crisis.
• This service supports young women, and young mums who are escaping family domestic violence in a number of ways. Kira House provides safe, secure accommodation, there are also youth workers available on-site to provide support and case management.
• Youth workers will support you to increase your safety and set goals for the future, for example, they help you with getting on payments, finding long term accommodation, linking in with education/training or assisting with finding a job.
• We run a range of workshops to support the development independent living skills, as well as parenting education for young mums. Kira House can support young women to access health services, community groups and recreational activities.
• There is six bedrooms in Kira House, each with an en-suite and double bed which is secure (no other resident has access to bedrooms
- Drug and alcohol free
- No violence, bullying or intimidation
- Must be willing to receive one to one support from a case worker
- Residents are encouraged to engage in a day program
- There are curfews for safety reasons